Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions refer specifically to the M&S Energy Refer a friend promotion.
You can also look at the Frequently Asked Questions for this promotion. If you can't find an answer to your question, you can raise an enquiry with our customer support team.
- “Our”/ “We” / “Us” means M&S Energy supplied by SSE Electricity Limited for electricity and Southern Electric Gas Limited for gas and/or Our permitted successors and/or assignees.
- The “Promotion” means the Refer a Friend Promotion which these Terms and Conditions specifically apply to.
- To be eligible for this Promotion, you need to be an existing customer of M&S Energy (“the Referrer”) and your friend should not be an existing M&S Energy customer (“the Recipient”). M&S Energy General Terms & Conditions, M&S Energy Supply Terms & Conditions and specific tariff Terms & Conditions (if applicable) apply.
- The Referrer must use the online refer a friend process to recommend M&S Energy to the Recipient. The online refer a friend process is accessed either by the link received directly from Us in an email or from the M&S Energy website. The Referrer must provide a valid, active email address. We cannot be held responsible for an invalid email address or other problems relating to the delays to the delivery of or non-receipt of emails, including the effect of spam filters.
- The Recipient must sign-up either through the online channel where they receive the recommendation or by calling the M&S Energy customer services line (0345 071 9525), ensuring they provide the Referrer code given to them by the Referrer. If the Recipient joins M&S Energy through the online channel they must stay on the same device (i.e. PC or phone) during the sign up process so the recommendation can be tracked.
- If the Recipient successfully switches either their electricity and gas or electricity supply to M&S Energy, a £40 M&S e-gift card (the “Reward”) will be issued to the Referrer by email within 30 days of the Recipient's supply start date with M&S Energy and will be valid for 6 months from receipt of the email.
- You are asked to confirm that you have the Recipient’s permission to provide their contact details each time you make a recommendation to them, and you represent and warrant to Us that you have the Recipient’s consent to send them offers by email or text as appropriate.
- All transactions must be validated by Us before the Reward can be issued.
- We are unable to respond to queries about non-receipt of the Reward until 30 days after the Recipient’s supply start date.
- If you believe you are eligible for a Reward but have not received one, We will investigate your claim provided We receive your enquiry within 60 days of the Promotion closure date, which will be determined by Us as per term 18 of these Terms and Conditions. In this case it may take longer to issue you with a Reward.
- Business customers are not eligible for this Promotion.
- If you have any queries with regard to the Reward and/or this Promotion, please contact the rewards customer services team using this enquiry form or if you have a complaint see Our complaints handling statement here.
- Please note this Promotion is being monitored. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel transactions suspected of being fraudulent and such customers may have their details passed to the relevant authorities for further investigation.
- We accept no liability for lost entries and no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an ability to participate in the Promotion.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by participating in this Promotion and/or arising out of the enjoyment of the Reward.
- Only one Reward per Referrer/Recipient pair and the Reward will only be granted to the Referrer.
- This Promotion is not available for use in conjunction with any other promotion. During the period that these Terms and Conditions apply, We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate the Promotion at any stage without prior notice.
- The promotion is administered by Optimise Media Ltd (“Optimise”) acting as a Data Processor on behalf of M&S Energy. Optimise will collect and process the First Name, Last Name and Email Address of all participants which will be used to enable Optimise to issue emails confirming referral registrations, tracked sales and for the notification and sending of rewards. An Optimise tracking cookie containing pseudonymous campaign identifiers will also be used to enable the campaign to be administered correctly. Any personal data held within Optimise systems will only be used for the purpose of the campaign as agreed with M&S Energy and will be anonymised once the reward has been issued and all related administration has been completed.